Conservation Corner is a weekly article produced by the Forest County Land & Water Conservation Department. For more information contact Steve Kircher, County Conservationist-Land Information/GIS Director at 715-478-1387 or by e-mail at .
Unlocking Opportunities: Join Forest County Land and Water’s Cost Share Program
Are you a landscape contractor looking to expand your horizons and contribute to environmentally responsible projects? Forest County Land & Water has an exciting opportunity for you! We invite you to learn about our Cost Share program and how you can get involved in installing rip rap projects that protect and enhance our natural landscapes.
Rip rap is a specialized form of rock placed along shorelines, riverbanks, or other water bodies to prevent erosion. These projects are essential for safeguarding our natural environment, preserving water quality, and protecting property from the ravages of erosion.
Our Cost Share program is designed to encourage collaboration with landscape contractors like you who share our commitment to environmental conservation. By participating in this program, you can access financial incentives and resources to support your involvement in rip rap projects. Here’s how it works:
- Financial Assistance: Forest County Land and Water provides financial support to eligible landowners undertaking rip rap installations. This can significantly offset project costs and make environmentally responsible work financially viable.
- Technical Expertise: When you join our program, you gain access to a team of experienced professionals who can offer guidance, technical expertise, and support throughout the project. We’re here to help you succeed.
- Environmental Impact: Rip rap projects help stabilize shorelines, control erosion, and maintain water quality. By participating in our Cost Share program, you’re making a positive impact on the environment and contributing to the well-being of your community.
As a landscape contractor, joining Forest County Land and Water’s Cost Share program for rip rap projects offers numerous benefits:
- Expand Your Portfolio: Diversify your services by adding rip rap installations to your list of expertise. This can attract new clients and opportunities.
- Environmental Stewardship: By participating in rip rap projects, you play a crucial role in protecting natural habitats, supporting biodiversity, and ensuring clean water for future generations.
- Community Engagement: Engage with the local community and strengthen your reputation as a socially responsible contractor. People appreciate businesses that contribute positively to their surroundings.
To become part of this exciting initiative and gain access to the benefits offered by Forest County Land and Water’s Cost Share program, follow these steps:
- Contact Us: Reach out to us at Forest County Land & Water, 200 E. Madison, Crandon, WI 54520. Call us @ 715-478-1387 or email us: to express your interest and learn more about the program.
- Project Collaboration: Once approved, your company will be added to our list that’s made available to landowners interested in the Cost Share Program.
By joining Forest County Land and Water’s Cost Share program, landscape contractors like you can become key players in preserving our natural landscapes and making a lasting impact on our community. We invite you to take this opportunity to diversify your services, contribute to environmental stewardship, and enhance your professional reputation. Together, we can protect and improve our beautiful natural surroundings.